Come find out about the K.I.T.E.S. method for learning kite sports! By utilizing line length to control power we will save you time, money, and keep you safe from injury!
LEVEL 1 KITEBOARDER : the kiteboarder exhibits the following skills:
- Determine wind direction, speed and quality to assess safety.
- Understand the requirements for a good launch area.
- Understand the rules of the road with other kiters.
- Setup equipment independently, safely, and can perform a preflight check.
- Use and reset all safety features on the equipment.
- Use of a kite harness.
- Perform self-rescue techniques to disarm the kite and get to shore with gear.
- Perform a safe launching and landing of the kite.
- Execute kite water relaunches.
- Body Dragging in control of direction.(down, cross, and upwind)
LEVEL 2 KITEBOARDER : the kiteboarder exhibits the following skills:
- All of the skills listed in the criteria for Level 1 Kiteboarders.
- Meteorology knowledge for risk management decisions.
- Perform water start on the board and maintain control of kite and board solo.
- Control their speed with advanced kite and board handling.
- Work the board and kite in harmony for extended rides.
- Can perform basic turns and transitions.
LEVEL 3 KITEBOARDER
- All the skills listed in Level 1 & 2.
- Using trim strap and loop to adjust 4-line kite power intake.
- Consistently going upwind.
- Perform advanced turns and transitions under power.
- Maintain control in most wind conditions.
- Perform simple jumps.
RED BELLY KITEBOARDING LESSONS
30 MINUTE TRAINER KITE DEMO – $25
STEP 1: INTRO TO KITEBOARDING – $100
- Ground School
- Trainer Kite/ Light Traction Kites on land
- Water Equipment Clinic
STEP 2: BASIC WATER LESSON -$200
- water safety/ self rescue
- launching/ landing of kites
- water relaunches
- body dragging/intro to board
STEP 3: EXTENDED WATER LESSON -$200
- water starts
- speed/power control
- basic transitions/turns
- basic jumps
Steps 1 & 2 combined $300
When completed if you sign up for a PASA kiteboarder member ship($30)
- receive a one year subscription to Kiteboard magazine
- 1/2 off new annual membership with ikiteboard.com
- online support @ pasakiteboarding.org
- discounts on advanced clinics such as wave riding and trick clinics.
- copy of PASA handbook
- pasa pilot card(upon completion of level 1 skill level) …card can be used for equipment rental once level 2 is reached.
For more info on kite lessons give us a call 734-222-4704.
Come find out the right way to learn how to snowboard! The basics of snowboarding are safe and super easy to learn!….The key is how you learn! We get you 60% there before you ever hit the snow! With our lessons, a helmet, and some padded long underwear we will have you snowboarding in no time…and you will be able to sit the next day!
Stop in and find out a faster way to master your sk8 skills! We have a full selection of instructional dvd’s, balance trainers, and don’t forget about the soft-trucks!
more info will be up soon!